Proofreader Services: Our Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions governing the provision of our online editing and proofreader services
The following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) pertain to the use of this website and the sale of online editing, writing and proofreading services by Vappingo to the customer (“Customer”). By accessing this site or purchasing online editing or proofreading services from Vappingo, the Customer consents to be bound by these Terms. The Terms act as the entire agreement between Vappingo and the Customer with respect to its subject matter, superseding any prior negotiations and agreements. The Terms may not be changed in any respect except by the posting of revised or amended terms by Vappingo on this site. The publication of these policies on the Web Site functions in lieu of a signature to indicate
Refund policy, limited
warranty and guarantee
Orders placed with Vappingo by the Customer can not be canceled and are non-returnable. They are covered by a limited warranty (see Warranty Disclaimer, below). If a Customer is not satisfied with
Vappingo disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property rights.
Limitation of liability
- In no event shall Vappingo or its independent contractors be liable to the customer or any third party claiming by, or through, the customer for any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive, multiple or other indirect damages. Neither will Vappingo be liable or for loss of profits arising out of the performance of the services by Vappingo or Vappingo’s independent contractors, or the failure, negligence, or delay in performance of the services, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if Vappingo or its independent contractors have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
- Vappingo’s liability arising out of the performance of the services, by itself or its independent contractors, or failure or delay to perform the services, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, shall not exceed the fee paid by customer for such services.
- An action for breach of this agreement may not be brought by customer more than one (1) year after Vappingo performs the services.
- Vappingo may enlist the work of qualified independent contractors. The Provider is in no way liable for the actions of any such contractors or for the contents of their respective web sites. The opinions expressed by any third-party contractors do not necessarily represent those of Vappingo, nor is Vappingo responsible for the words or actions of such contractors.
- Vappingo guarantees that it and its independent contractor(s) will not plagiarize materials or infringe on copyrights at any time during the fulfillment of proofreader or editorial services. In the event that the Customer submits documents already containing plagiarized material or material that infringes on the copyrights held by others, Vappingo accepts no responsibility for these infringements, nor can it guarantee that it will be able to identify all plagiarism and copyright infringements within the documents. Should plagiarism or copyright infringement come to the attention of Vappingo or its independent contractor(s) in the course of their work, all work on the project will be suspended until the Customer can rectify the matter. In such a case, Vappingo will inform the Customer of the problem. Once the Customer has rectified the problem, the Customer may return the revised document, free of plagiarism and copyright infringement, to Vappingo, and work on the project will be resumed; Vappingo will not be held responsible for the original deadline, nor will the Customer be entitled to any refund.
The Customer agrees to defend Vappingo and its independent contractors at the Customer’s cost and expense, and will indemnify and hold Vappingo, its independent contractors, and their respective officers and agents (the “Vappingo Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any losses, costs, damages, fees or expenses arising out of any claim relating to the use or application of Vappingo’s services by Customer.
The Customer acknowledges that Vappingo will not be held liable or responsible for any type of delivery issues that arise from problems such as spam filters, incorrect email, lack of Internet access or general neglect. The provision of correct contact information and regular consultation of emails is the sole responsibility of the customer.
Confidentiality and the protection of clients' intellectual property
At all times the documents submitted by the Customer to Vappingo for proofreading or editing purposes, or created for the Customer by Vappingo and its independent contractor(s), are to remain the sole and exclusive intellectual property of the Customer. Neither Vappingo nor its independent contractor(s) shall lay claim to legal ownership of these materials, in whole or in part, whether created by the Customer or by Vappingo or its independent contractor(s) on behalf of the Customer. All independent contractors have signed legally binding agreements protecting the confidentiality and ownership of the Customer’s intellectual property. Furthermore, all copies of the Customer’s documents will be purged the computer systems of Vappingo’s independent contractor(s) within ninety days of the completion and return of the Customer’s project.
The free revision policy is a courtesy service that is provided by Vappingo to the Customer. If a Customer requires the revision of an order, the Customer shall contact Vappingo within seven (7) days of delivery of such service and provide details of their revision requirements. Revision requests are invalid if they constitute a significant deviation from the original specification of the order and/or include instructions that were not in the original order. Once a period of seven (7) days has elapsed, it shall be assumed that the Customer is satisfied with the order and no further revisions may be requested. Rewriting orders are exempt from our free revision service. Vappingo reserves the right to refuse to provide a revision.
Refusal and termination of services
Vappingo reserves the right to refuse service to any Customer. Such refusal may include, but is not limited to, projects involving materials that Vappingo determines to be violent, obscene, or offensive; to advocate violent or illegal activity; to contain (or have the potential to contain) any computer viruses; or to contravene any law, statute, or ordinance.
Consent to Hong Kong law and forum
Customer and Vappingo agree that any dispute regarding the provision of services under this website or the access and viewing of this website shall be governed by UK law. Customer and Vappingo hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the appropriate courts located within the United Kingdom.